Take a look at our Qualifier Questions below – meeting these requirements is the first step.
- Are you a FIRST-TIME home buyer or have not owned a house in the last 3 years?
- Is your household income within the following limit:
Household Size: 1 | Gross Income: $53,150.00
Household Size: 2 | Gross Income: $60,750.00
Household Size: 3 | Gross Income: $68,350.00
Household Size: 4 | Gross Income: $75,900.00
Household Size: 5 | Gross Income: $82,000.00
Household Size: 6 | Gross Income: $88,050.00
Household Size: 7 | Gross Income: $94,150.00
Household Size: 8 | Gross Income: $100,200.00
*The household income limits were last updated as of June, 2022. Income limits are set by the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development.
- Do you qualify for a mortgage? (If you need help identifying a lender, SJHI can refer you)
- Do you plan to live in this house for at least the next 5 years?
- Are you willing to attend the Home Buyer Education classes required for participation?
- Are you willing to participate in credit coaching if required to help you improve your eligibility for a mortgage?
- Will you participate in our First Neighbors Program by agreeing to be paired with a team of neighborhood residents, that can offer assistance with questions, share information about neighborhood activities, and introduce you to other neighbors?
Your lender will need:
1. Income documents:
- Pay stubs covering the most recent 30 days that include your year to date earnings
- Federal tax returns, personal (and business if applicable) for the most recent 2 years
- W-2s and /or 1099’s for the past 2 years
- Copy of Social Security/Pension/Child Support awards letter (if applicable)
2. Asset documents:
- Bank Statements – all pages for most recent 2 months
- Investment &/or Retirement Accounts – all pages covering last 2 months